Make your own American Girl Doll Coat

1:44:00 AM

This coat was also sold at my church holiday market, it was gone before I turned around. The blue fabric was one of those gems, it looked like wool and I washed it to make sure it was suitable for doll clothes and it turned out to be fully synthetic with great embroidery. Another awesome thing is that it looks thick and warm but was actually a nice supple fabric, perfect for a small doll coat.

What you will need to make the Outfit and Coat:
Simplicity Doll Craft Pattern 3551
Simplicity Doll Craft Pattern 1580
Pattern changes that I made:
  • Changed the coat collar so that the collar meets in the middle, there is no gap between the collar sides at center front.
  • Spaced the buttons a little differently along the front.
  • Later on I changed this coat so that wider sweaters and shirts would fit under it. It's nice when it's cold and the doll can wear a coat and a sweater.
Cheers,
Christel Dekker

You Might Also Like

0 comments