Make your own American Girl Coat & Outfit

10:45:00 AM

These outfits were created for the silent auction at my church. They were a hit!
The grey fabric is a wool-look fabrics with embroidery and the brique coat is a rather thick and stiff velvety fabric that was pretty hard to handle.

What you will need to make the Outfit and Coat:
Simplicity Doll Craft Pattern 3551, 1580 (=7083)
Simplicity Doll Craft Pattern 1580 or 7083
Simplicity Doll Craft Pattern 3551 (mine looks different....)

Pattern changes that I made:
  • This is a pet peeve, I re-fitted the coat collar so that it meets in the center front. The center-front-collar-gap is not for me.
  • Later on I changed the whole coat because it's very tight under the arms and you cannot wear a sweater underneath. As a kid this was important to me: my doll clothes had to work like mine.
  • If there is only 1 doll pattern that you buy, you need to buy 1580 (=7083). It is good. And even though I changed the pinafore a little and changed the hoodie considerably, it's one of the best doll patterns I have used.

Cheers,
Christel Dekker

You Might Also Like

0 comments