Make a Trundle Drawer for the Ikea Doll Bed

1:18:00 PM


Quite a few of you have asked me for the measurements for the Ikea Trundle Drawer and so here they are:

It’s a very simple box and the size is easy to determine for any doll bed that you purchase. The thing is that the trundle drawer needs to be able to sit ON TOP of the bed with the sides flush and about 1/8” (1/4" total) between the head and foot so that you can slide it under with some space to spare.

I made my trundle 3 3/4” tall and 3/4” thick, that was the size of the wood I purchased. I added the trundle base the same way IKEA does with small blocks along the sides, head and foot and float the base on there.

It only took me about 1 hour to get it all together, had to let it dry for about 3 hours, then put on the 2 wood knobs, so it’s well worth it : )

The bed was a HUGE success at my Silent Auction: the IKEA Trundle doll bed plus all the extras sold for $450. All the money will go to charity charity and it was such fun to create.

I now no longer have the bed so I cannot take anymore photos but it's all easy enough. If you would like to download the free doll bedding pattern, you can find it here: Wollyonline.com

Cheers,
Christel Dekker

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I'd love to get the measurements for your doll trundle! could you email me at saraharomer@gmail.com? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I no longer have the bed so I cannot measure anymore but once you have the Ikea bed, it's very easy to determine the size.

      Delete